You are viewing the article How to Draw George Washington at Thptlaihoa.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Learn how to draw a great looking George Washington with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful George Washington.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
“The harder the conflict, the greater the triumph.”
― George Washington
George Washington was the first president of the United States. Prior to his presidency, he commanded the Continental Army during the American Revolutionary War
He also served as chairman to the Constitutional Convention, the body that wrote the American Constitution.
Did you know? A number of myths have surrounded the Father of the United States. One is that he had wooden teeth – actually, his false teeth were made of materials such as gold wire and hippopotamus ivory.
Another myth is that he chopped down his father’s cherry tree then said “I cannot tell a lie.” This story was actually the invention of a bookseller in the 1800s.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Although cameras were not yet in existence during his lifetime, we know what George Washington looked like because his portrait was painted many times.
Today, he serves as a symbol of America. His likeness can be seen on the face of the quarter dollar coin and the one-dollar bill, as well as numerous postage stamps.
Two universities have been named after him, as well as the iconic Washington Monument, an obelisk located in Washington, D.C.
Would you like to draw George Washington? This easy, step-by-step presidential drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a sheet of paper and pencil, pen, or marker.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Soldier, Princess Leia, and Anime Boy Face.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing George Washington
How to Draw a Great Looking George Washington for Kids, Beginners, and Adults – Step 1
1. Begin by sketching the shape of the face. Use a series of curved lines. Note the curvature of the hairline, the bulge of the brow, the rounded jawline, and the line that extends to form the neck.
Easy George Washington Drawing – Step 2
2. Next, draw George Washington’s hair. Use a series of overlapping “U” shaped lines at the bottom to form the curls. Use a long, wavy line to outline the top of the hair. Then, texture the hair using many short, curved lines.
Easy George Washington Drawing – Step 3
3. Begin to draw Washington’s garments. Enclose the collar of the shirt using a curved line. Then, use a series of overlapping curved lines to craft the collar, front, and shoulder of his jacket.
Easy George Washington Drawing – Step 4
4. Continue drawing the garments. Extend the line of the neck, and connect it to the jacket with a curved line. Draw a pair of wavy curved lines to form the front of the jacket. Embellish the opposite side of the jacket with a wavy line.
Easy George Washington Drawing – Step 5
5. Extend a line from the jacket to form the remaining shoulder. Connect the two shoulders using a wide “U” shaped line. This gives the drawing the appearance of a bust or statue.
Easy George Washington Drawing – Step 6
6. Draw Washington’s scarf. Use overlapping curved lines to outline the cloth. Then, draw several curved lines diverging from the top of it, indicating creases in the fabric. Draw two lines from the bottom of the scarf to the bottom of the figure.
Easy George Washington Drawing – Step 7
7. Begin to detail Washington’s face. Shade heavy curved lines to indicate the eyebrows, and another to form the nose.
Add More Details to Your George Washington Picture – Step 8
8. Use curved lines, meeting at points on the corners, to outline the eyes. Draw two circles within each eye, and shade the inner circle to indicate the pupil.
Complete the Outline of Your George Washington Drawing – Step 9
9. Use curved lines to draw the flat mouth and detail the chin.
Color Your George Washington Drawing
Color George Washington.
You can perfect your people drawing skills by sketching persons real and imagined. Check out our people drawing guides to learn more.
For more great People drawing tutorials, see the 51 Step-by-Step People Drawing Guides post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
George Washington Drawing Tutorial – Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you’re logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you’re still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).
Thank you for reading this post How to Draw George Washington at Thptlaihoa.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.