You are viewing the article How do I fix the system fan error 90b on HP laptop? at Thptlaihoa.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Fix the HP laptop error code 90b like a PRO
HP laptop users are complaining about loud fan noise and displaying System Fan (90b) error code. This error usually happens when you start the computer and the system fan starts spinning faster. This error related your system fan and indicates an issue with the heating system.
If you are also troubled by this error here is how to fix HP laptop error code 90b with ease.
How do I fix the cooling system on my HP laptop?
1. Update BIOS
- The first thing you should look for any pending BIOS update for your Laptop. You can find the latest BIOS update for your system from the HP website.
- Go to the HP Support Assistant page, here, and download HP Support Assistant software. Install the program if required.
- Run the software and in the My Devices tab, find your computer and click on Updates.
- Now, click on “Check for updates and messages” to download the latest updates.
- If any update is found, check the BIOS update box and click on Download and Install.
- Close the Support Assistant once the update is installed. Reboot the system and check for any improvement.
Avoid overheating and take fan control in your hands with this laptop cooling software
2. Clean the Air Vents and CPU Fans
- If the issue persists, it could be because of the exterior vents of the laptop has accumulated dust resulting in higher temperature and thus the error. It could also occur if the thermal paste applied to your CPU has dried out and needs a refill.
- After shutting down the computer, check the exterior vents and remove any dust buildup by blowing air through the open vents.
- Also, clean the CPU fans thoroughly and then put back the lid. Restart the PC and check for a resolution.
- If the issue persists, check if the CPU thermal paste has dried out. Remove the old thermal paste leftover and reapply thermal paste. If you don’t know how to do it, seek professional’s help.
- Restart the PC and check if the error reoccurs. Since the error is mostly caused by the heating issues, clean the air vents and reapplying the thermal paste should resolve it.
3. Perform Hard Reset
- If the issue persists, try to hard reset the system. This will only reset thermal values and enable you to use the system again without any error.
- To hard reset, the HP laptop, turn it off.
- Remove any external devices connected to your laptop. Also remove the power cord, if plugged in.
- Now press and hold the power button on your laptop for 15 seconds to reset. Leave the laptop for about a minute or two.
- Now plug in the power adapter to the wall socket and plug in the power cord to your laptop.
- Power on the computer and check for any improvements.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- 7 best external hard drives with cloud access and bonus storage
- How to move Windows 10 to an external hard drive
- 17 best USB 3.0 external hard drives for your Windows 10 PC
Was this page helpful?
Start a conversation
Thank you for reading this post How do I fix the system fan error 90b on HP laptop? at Thptlaihoa.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.